I tolerate curiosity

Wednesday, May 1

Nothing's Changed

So, I guess going here alone in New York didn't mean I'd get to have total freedom. But at least I was expecting to get a little more than what I had back home. I know that I am restricted due to obvious reasons like not being familiar with the place and the people around here, but don't I at least get their trust or even their assurance that I'm old enough to take care of myself? I mean, isn't that the whole point of this whole trip? To get a shot of being free, of being independent and proving that I can do things on my own without them having to worry about me?

I understand the issues that they are concerned about. I get it. But can everyone just stay calm and chill for a moment. These are the kind of moments where I wish they didn't care. That they would just let me be on my own not when they let me out the whole day to go around the city by myself and expect me to come back at 5. Isn't it the same thing? I know they are worried, but please. I've been through more than this. If ever something does happen, then it happens. Maybe that, too, is part of God's plan isn't it?

I just need to vent this one out. Truly, I am sorry making them wait. But I'm not sorry for living my life the way I want it to.

Xo,
L.

No comments: