I tolerate curiosity

Saturday, April 20

So far so good

Well, it's been over a week since I came here to New York and so far, I can say that it's been quite an experience already. In just a few days, I get to go around the city little by little and explore what I can. And in some days, like today, I stay home and bum around since I've got nothing else to do. Oh yeah, I started my internship at a yoga studio where my aunt works. It's a different work environment than what I was used to in Manila, but I'm getting the hang of it. I hope I do. lol.

Here's some of the adventures (and mishaps) that happened to me so far:

  • Lost my Metrocard that's which I just loaded with $20
  • Jogged in the morning, joined a yoga class, and walked from 14th to 28th St, then from Broadway to 7th ALL in one day
  • Freeze in the rain 'cause I didn't wear a thick jacket
  • An old man eavesdropping on the conversation and possibly trying to hit on me at the subway
  • Get invited to a born-again service on a Sunday (No offense, but I'm Catholic)
  • Spend $160 on clothes in less than a week
  • Get stood up by my aunt's boyfriend (because he lost his wallet) and barely have money for the food we ordered at a Thai restaurant
  • Ate a half rack of ribs on my own (I didn't think I can)
  • Missed out an opportunity of seeing Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield at Union Square (and I was just there while they were filming The Amazing Spiderman 2)
  • Rode a different route on the subway, went to Queens mall, then go home - all by myself
  • Cooked and did laundry! (Yes, I know that's lame haha)
For some photos, you can check out my Instagram. :)

Xo,
L.

No comments: