I tolerate curiosity

Sunday, August 5

Info Rev: The Advancement of Technology

It's really amazing how our technology became so advanced in just a few years or decades, how they started just from the curious minds of people. It's really fascinating.

I remember when I was just a kid, we used to write letters or postcards just to get in touch with our relatives in provinces or outside the country. Then, as I grew older, we started to use telephones then a pager, which was a very big hit before, and now cellphones. The oldest ones we have is the big cellphone and the Nokia 5110 then came the 3310.

It really amazes me that in just a few short years, cellphones have changed. It grew smaller and easier to use. Before, we only have black and white screens and monotonic ring tones and now we have colored phones and polyphonic and MP3s for our ring tones. And now it even has a camera, Bluetooth, wireless Internet etc.

Technology is also advanced in different ways besides the improvement of cellphones. It also helped in the progress mass media. Based on what I have learned, mass media before was not that developed. They spread their news orally, and without any written document for it. Then came the alphabet, then writing and now, the newspaper. These made news available to everybody. Still, they have invented the radio and the television. It was now available even inside our houses.

Thank God I didn't live during their time. Because I don't know if I can survive living like that. Haha. We're really lucky to have lived during the 21st century. So we should appreciate everything even those simple little things.

No comments: